Year 3 Teacher - WPA
Waterside Primary Academy
Year 3 Class Teacher
Required September 2020
Situated on the outskirts of Chesham, Waterside Primary Academy is a happy, warm and friendly school which takes children from the age of 3 – 11.
The school is looking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic class teacher. The successful applicant will join a team of committed and supportive colleagues, all of whom are dedicated to the future development of the school on its journey to excellence.
The successful candidate will need:
- The ability to inspire children with enthusiasm and a love of learning
- To plan, prepare and present engaging lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class
- To organise the classroom environment to encourage a positive learning experience full of practical opportunities to support children’s learning
- To take responsibility for the progress of all children in his/her class with the ability to reflect on data and plan appropriate intervention with the support of our Inclusion Manager
- To embed positive behaviour strategies within his/her classroom practice
- To provide high quality marking and feedback which enables all children to understand their next steps
- To demonstrate an instinctive awareness of children’s wellbeing
- To be a highly effective communicator
- To show a willingness to run an extra-curricular activity
- To keep up to date with changes and developments in education
- Positive, happy and polite children who are motivated to learn
- A welcoming and inclusive school
- A supportive team of staff
- Commitment to your professional development
- Subsidised gym membership
- On-site accommodation in School House at Chesham Grammar School
- An opportunity to work in an area of outstanding natural beauty, 30 minutes from London
For an application pack please see linked documents. Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 8th June 2020 at 10am
Red Kite Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.