Subject Leader Girls' PE - CGS
Chesham Grammar School
Subject Leader for Girls’ PE (maternity cover)
MPS/UPS London Fringe + TLR 2b
Full-time Required September 2020
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, well-qualified and experienced teacher to lead our highly successful Girls’ PE team. Physical Education is a central part of the school curriculum including the Sixth Form and an extensive extra-curricular programme makes a significant contribution to the life of the School.
Chesham Grammar School is a successful and popular co-educational grammar school with 1300 students on roll (400 in the Sixth Form).
We are looking for someone with:
- an ability to teach outstanding lessons
- an ability to lead on one or more of the following activities; Football, Hockey and Cricket
- motivational skills to inspire colleagues and students
- excellent leadership and management skills
- a commitment to extra-curricular sport
- a sense of humour
- a D1 category licence would be an advantage
- An ability to teach a second subject would be an advantage
- highly motivated students, who work with their teachers to achieve their goals
- commitment to high standards of staff wellbeing, with additional PPA time for all teaching staff
- a broad and varied professional development programme for all staff
- great support and team work
- subsidised membership of the onsite leisure centre
- subsidised on-site accommodation
- high attaining learners who achieve excellent results
- an opportunity to work in an area of outstanding natural beauty 30 minutes from London
For an application pack, please see linked documents. To request a pre-application visit or to submit an application, please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th March 2020 at 10am
Interviews will be held on Thursday 2nd April 2020
Red Kite Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.